Breast Cancer Foundation (BCF) is a social service agency with the mission to eradicate breast cancer as a life-threatening disease.
Set up in 1997, BCF is committed to raising awareness about breast cancer through talks, events and publications that advocate early detection through regular screening. BCF also supports survivors and their families through various counselling and training activities.
As one of the few advocacy groups in the world with a Men’s Support League that was integrated with Caregiver Support Group in 2017, BCF aims to encourage greater male participation in society’s fight against this affliction.
As an Institution of a Public Character (IPC), BCF promotes its cause to the community with generous support from corporations, institutions, schools and the community.
- To be the charity organisation that firmly advocates early detection to save lives and breasts of women in Singapore.
- To provide support to men whose lives are impacted by their female loved ones afflicted with breast cancer.
- To be the catalyst of change for society's perception of breast cancer by educating young and old, irrespective of gender, ethnicity and social background.
- To be recognised as a pillar of support for families, caregivers, employers and healthcare professionals who influence the lives of women with breast cancer.
- To see a decline in breast cancer mortality by encouraging women to empower themselves to go for regular screening.
- To inspire corporations, institutions, individuals, organisations and the community at large to extend their support for our cause by volunteering their time and resources.
- To be acknowledged for dedicated care and love for the community through its support services for breast cancer patients and families.
LATEST FINANCIAL REPORT
Financial Year 2016/2017 Financial StatementSEE ALL
LATEST ANNUAL REPORT
Financial Year 2018/19 Annual ReportSEE ALL
BCF is dedicated to raise breast cancer awareness, promote early detection and provide support to people affected by the disease. We are able to work towards achieving our objectives and our mission to eradicate breast cancer as a life-threatening disease, thanks to support from corporate sponsors and well-wishers.
BCF volunteers come from all walks of life, ranging from students to working professionals, organisations and survivors. We also provide training to our volunteers depending on their needs of the task they are assigned.
BCF has a membership size of over 1000 members, which consists of women diagnosed with, and survivors of Breast Cancer, and supporters. They take part in our programmes and activities that are crafted to suit their needs. They also play an active role in education, raising awareness of breast cancer and providing support for women diagnosed with, and Survivors of breast cancer as well as their families.