8 May 2017
10:30 AM - 8:30 PM
2017 was a milestone year for Breast Cancer Foundation (BCF), with the celebration of 20 years of commitment, engagement and education, to generate public awareness, support and volunteerism to eradicate breast cancer as a life-threatening condition.
The occasion was marked on 8 May 2017 with the official launch of BCF’s 20th Anniversary Commemorative Exhibition at VivoCity, official venue partner. Mrs Yu-Foo Yee Shoon, Guest-of-Honour and Founding Patron of BCF officiated the occasion and unveiled BCF’s 20th anniversary logo.
The overall message of the exhibition, “Early Detection Saves Lives, Saves Breasts” aimed to raise public awareness of breast cancer. That message was echoed and spread further via a roving exhibition which took place in various local public spaces across Singapore.
Programme for Visitors:
- Inspiring stories of survivors overcoming breast cancer.
- Walk down Memory Lane, through the 20-year history of Breast Cancer Foundation.
- Up-close with memorabilia collected over the past 20 years.
- On-the-spot, hands-on education on the breast self-examination and mammogram process.
At the launch of the 20th Anniversary Commemorative Exhibition, BCF announced the following initiatives that the public could look forward to:
- Pink Ribbon Pages guidebook: An informative 36-page guide for the newly diagnosed and their caregivers.
- Situation and Needs Assessment Survey: A nationwide initiative and the first survey of its kind that focuses on the psychosocial needs of women (and those of their caregivers), as well as general public’s attitudes and perceptions of breast cancer.
- Pink Ribbon Cake: A partnership between BCF and Cedele Group to mark both their 20th anniversaries. Specially designed by the founder of Cedele Group, Ms Yeap Cheng Guat, the Pink Ribbon Cake features BCF’s signature double Pink Ribbon logo and will be available at Cedele outlets throughout the month of October 2017 (Breast Cancer Awareness Month).
Admission to this exhibition is free for public and will move to various locations around the island throughout the year.
You may catch a sneak peek of our exhibition launch held at VivoCity HERE.
BCF’s 20th Anniversary Exhibition 2017 is supported by:
Powered by Events Manager