Set up in 1997, BCF is committed to raising awareness about breast cancer through talks, events and publications that advocate early detection through regular screening, as well as supporting survivors and their families through various befriending and training activities.
If you share our vision and mission, we invite you to be part of our highly motivated team who serves with passion. We have openings for the following positions:
Interested applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume to BCF at email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
*Singapore Cancer Registry, Trends in Cancer Incidence in Singapore 2010 – 2014
DATE: 21 JUNE 2019
Position Title: Executive, Member Support
Department: Support & Volunteer (S&V)
Reports to: Manager, S&V
Statement of Purpose:
The Member Support Executive will be part of a dynamic and energetic support and volunteer team that functions as specialists who develop, coordinate and implement integrated programmes that reflect the mission and vision of Breast Cancer Foundation (BCF) of saving lives with early detection education and advocacy, and improving survivor well-being by providing a distinctive and differentiated standard of empathy, care, compassion and support to women diagnosed with breast cancer and their families at the earliest onset in their journey from discovery through to recovery.
Specialists within S&V will each own and be accountable for their specific portfolios – Volunteer Management, Member Programmes, and Member Support – as well as work closely with cross-functional colleagues to achieve wider organisational goals.
BCF’s members comprises of women diagnosed with and survivors of breast cancer, their caregivers and family members, as well as supporters and volunteers. The Member Support Executive plays a key role in providing front line and administrative support to Support & Volunteer Department and attending to members and public queries. The Executive will also assist to brief members about BCF’s various programmes, activities and events and an understanding of BCF’s overall mission.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend to various queries, feedback and requests through various customer service and member channels (front-line calls and walk-in public enquiries via counter, telephone and e-mails), and provide appropriate resolutions as required, with an aim to recommend improvements and to enhance customer and member experience.
- Brief all members on various programmes and activities in BCF.
- Maintain high level of quality service and ensure that queries are promptly handled in a professional and courteous manner with the aim to establish good relationship with members and encourage them to be more active in activities or events organised by BCF.
- Create, record and manage the member database management system including member interfaces, details, contacts and Customer Relations Management (CRM) system that will facilitate an understanding of supporters’ and members needs for the purposes of direct relationship management and maintain appropriate tracking and reporting.
- Coordinate and support member engagement activities and programmes such as:
- Daily Healing Through The Arts (HTTA) activities attendance (sign-in sheet), operation, coordinating of classes and participation fees collection.
- Monthly Support Groups
- Wig Loan fitting & Knitted Knockers appointments
- BCF Celebration Events
- BCF Annual (Pink) Outing
- Responsible in administrative tasks in relation to the above job duties mentioned, including others such as:
- Monthly reports
- Meeting minutes
- Membership registration
- Oversee that the BCF Reception Area, Wellness Room, Pantry and Multi-Purpose Hall are kept tidy, when required.
- Must possess at least a Diploma/Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma preferably in Social Services / Business Studies / Administration / Management or equivalent related field
- Qualification and/or work experience in secretarial, administrative, and/or customer relations. Voluntary welfare organisations, non-profit, grassroots sector and/or social service organisations is an advantage
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to function in a multi-cultural environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills fluent in English with proficiency in a second language as an advantage
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office applications such as PowerPoint, Word and Excel as well as proficient with Google Form, Survey Monkey and SalesForce CRM
- Excellent organisational skills and able to self-manage tasks and duties independently and pro-actively
- Team player with the ability to multi-task, be flexible, resourceful and able to perform despite tight schedules requiring quick turnaround
- Service-oriented mind-set, empathetic to the needs of those requiring assistance, and passionate about helping others
- Patient personality with a pleasant disposition
- Internal – alongside the Support & Volunteer Department, works closely with the rest of BCF’s Departments: Awareness, Communications & Education as well as Finance & Administration Departments.
- External – assist to liaise with various external vendors, partners, members and volunteers who are members relating to various events, programmes and activities, when required.
Interested applicants to submit a CV and cover letter to HR@bcf.org.sg. Please indicate the position applied for in the subject line.