Do you know that 1 in 11 women will develop breast cancer in their lifetime and close to 2,000 women are diagnosed each year?*
Set up in 1997, BCF is committed to raising awareness about breast cancer through talks, events and publications that advocate early detection through regular screening, as well as supporting survivors and their families through various befriending and training activities.
If you share our vision and mission, we invite you to be part of our highly motivated team who serves with passion. We have openings for the following positions:
Interested applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume to BCF at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
*Singapore Cancer Registry, Trends in Cancer Incidence in Singapore 2010 – 2014
DATE: 23 APRIL 2019
Position: Executive, Community Engagement & Digital Marketing
Department: Awareness, Communications & Education (ACE)
Reports to: Senior Manager, ACE
Statement of Purpose:
The Executive will be part of a dynamic and energetic events, marketing, and communications team that functions as specialists who develop and implement integrated marketing and communication campaigns that reflect the mission and vision of Breast Cancer Foundation of saving lives with early detection education and advocacy, and improving survivor well-being by providing dedicated care and love through its support services for breast cancer patients and their families.
Specialists within ACE will each own and be accountable for their specific portfolios – Events & Marketing, PR & Communications, and Community Engagement & Digital Marketing – as well as work closely with cross-functional colleagues to achieve wider organisational goals.
The Community Engagement and Digital Marketing Executive plays a key role in the development, management and execution of the community outreach programmes. The role also assists in the planning and executing of effective digital initiatives, including the management of the website, to create awareness and advocacy of early detection of breast cancer through digital and social media platforms. The Executive also needs to integrate fundraising campaigns, signature events, and communications initiatives online and offline.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Management of BCF Community Engagement and Digital Marketing responsibilities.
- Community Engagement
- Development, management and execution of community outreach programmes and events including Awareness Talks, Community Mammobus Programme.
- Work closely with multiple stakeholders including community organisations, hospitals, schools and associations to strengthen community engagement.
- Identity and cultivate engagement with potential community organisations to expand community outreach and explore new partnership potential.
- Maintain database of community stakeholders.
- Digital Marketing
- Manage and update content on bcf.org.sg and other digital platforms.
- Work closely with digital vendors including website revamp, if necessary.
- Design and development of EDMs, web banners and other digital content.
- Work with colleagues on continual website content development, refinement and management.
- Execute awareness and fundraising campaigns, with strong call to action, across various digital platforms.
- Digital and Social Media Monitoring and Analysis
- Execute the social media calendar, monitor and track target audience engagement on social media, and recommend necessary course of action where online engagement require improvement.
- Collate and analyse website and social media data to gain insight and drive continuous improvements to bcf.org.sg user experience.
- Keep abreast of current and upcoming trends in educational materials (digital and print) and breast cancer statistics in Singapore and globally.
- Providing support to ACE Manager/ General Manager for matters pertaining to ACE and Fundraising, and Support & Volunteer subcommittees.
- Ad-hoc duties as required by the organisation.
|1. Qualifications||Degree; preferably in mass communications, media and marketing, or a related field.|
|2. Years of relevant experience||· Experience in the non-profit and/or grassroots sector
· Strong interest in community work.
· Digitally savvy, with minimum 2 years in conceptualising, proposing, planning and executing online digital marketing campaigns which result in driving traffic, engagement, and donation of fund (will be a bonus).
|3. Interpersonal and communication skills||· Writes well; ability to write succinctly in a variety of communication styles.
· Articulate story-teller; presents ideas effectively to individuals or groups. Delivers presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
· Collaborator and teamplayer; interacts with people opening and directly. Able to solicit views, develops and mains excellent working relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders.
|4. Strategic Thinking||· Demonstrates sound understanding, judgement and critical ability to manage moving parts of a project and / or difficult stakeholders.
· Able to diagnose issues, and / or call attention to challenges and opportunities, and take or evoke appropriate action.
· Have a deep sense of BCF’s cause, and consistently operates to organisational goals.
|5. Planning and organisational skills||· Able to self-manage and manage multiple, concurrent projects with different timelines.
· Able to identify resources needed for a project, and plan for efficient use of human capital.
· Able to identify budgeting needs for a project, and strictly manage assigned budget.
|6. Computer literacy||· Required|
|7. Other attributes||· Ability to respond quickly in a fast-paced environment.
· Resourceful, proactive and takes initiative to produce effective results.
· Helms own learning and professional development.
· Proactively keeps self current with networks, and up-to-date sectorial research and information.